Cleaning is a chore most of us hate. But to keep your sanity and protect your family’s health, it has to be done. Breaking down the tasks by day, week and month can help you stay on top of having a nice, clean living space.
Here are some lists to help you and your family stay on task:
- Make the beds
- Put things away. Toss clothes in hampers and have kids put toys away
- Clean up spills and messes as they happen. It is easier now than later!
- Wash your dishes after every meal. Piling them up invites mold and bugs.
- Wipe down kitchen counters and appliances after making food.
- Deal with your mail. Doing this on a daily basis will keep clutter under control. Sort into piles and recycle all junk mail.
- Vacuum high traffic areas. A lightweight, handheld vacuum will help with this daily task.
- Take out trash as needed to keep odors at bay.
- Do a quick wipe down in bathroom sinks to keep this area healthy
- Wash clothes and put them away.
- Wash sheets and change the beds.
- Vacuum or sweep all floors.
- Mop all hard surface floors.
- Wipe down the rest of kitchen including cabinet doors and hardware. Using Lysol on handles will help keep germs under control during cold and flu season.
- Dust all furniture.
- Scrub the bathroom, including all sinks, tubs, toilets and showers.
- Replace/launder bathroom rugs and towels.
- Clean and organize your bedroom drawers and closet. Switch out seasonal clothes and donate or sell items that you no longer wear.
- Vacuum all hard to reach areas and under furniture.
- Clean the inside of your oven
- Clean inside of trash cans/recycle bins.
- Cleanse your dishwasher. Use a cleaner recommended by your manufacturer or some baking soda/vinegar.
- Polish all wood and condition your leather furniture.
- Wash ceiling light fixtures and wipe ceiling fan blades
- Wipe down all light switches and door handles.
- Wash comforters and duvets on beds. Don’t forget pillows and stuffed animals too!
- Clean inside of washer/dryer machines.
- Dust/vacuum or wash window coverings.
- Wipe down baseboards, moldings and door frames.
- Deep clean refrigerator, freezer and pantry.
- Steam clean all rugs/carpet. You can rent a carpet cleaner from most grocery stores.
Cleaning never ends but staying organized with these lists can at least help you stay motivated and on-task!