From now until Christmas, we often feel like we are running a race— decorating, shopping, trying to balance our budget and attending lots of activities. And let’s face it—we run ourselves down and expose ourselves and our families to large gatherings where illness and germs may be lurking! Check out these tips to stay healthy during the holiday rush:
- Wash your hands and remind your kids to do the same. Wash frequently and carry antibacterial soap for those times when you end up shaking a lot of hands and hugging relatives.
- Disinfect your home space. Keep a can of Lysol disinfectant handy and spray it liberally on light switches, door knobs and bathrooms this time of year.
- Take your vitamins. Often we don’t eat well through the holidays. Stay on track by taking vitamin C and multivitamin supplements.
- Stay active. Don’t fall off the fitness wagon now or January and February will find you in a slump. It is easy to tell yourself you are too busy. But taking time to walk or workout will pay off in giving you more energy for your busy holiday season.
- Watch intake. Eating too much and overindulging in alcohol both come with consequences. You are more likely to feel bad, succumb to sickness and lose energy overall.
- Take Time for yourself. It is easy to go crazy on serving others but take a moment or two for yourself. Watch a Christmas movie, enjoy hot cocoa with your kids, take a hot bath and enjoy this festive time of year!